PRK Insurance Agency Inc

Stay Dry, Stay Protected

Comprehensive Flood Insurance Coverage

Guard your home and belongings against unexpected flooding. Get reliable protection with tailored flood insurance policies today.

Contact Us Today

To get a quote or learn more about our services, you can contact us directly or fill out the form to the side. One of our friendly representatives will reach out to you shortly.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Flood Insurance in New York

What does flood insurance cover?

Flood insurance typically covers damage to your home and personal property caused by flooding. This includes structural damage, electrical and plumbing systems, appliances, furniture, and personal belongings.

Is flood insurance required in New York?

Flood insurance is not required by law in New York, but it is mandatory if you have a mortgage from a federally regulated lender and your property is in a high-risk flood zone.

How is the cost of flood insurance determined?

The cost of flood insurance is based on factors such as your property's flood zone, elevation, the coverage limits you choose, and the deductible amount.

What is considered a flood?

A flood is defined as an excess of water on land that is normally dry, affecting two or more acres of land or two or more properties. This can be caused by overflow of inland or tidal waters, rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters, or mudflow.

Can I get flood insurance if I’m not in a high-risk flood zone?

Yes, you can purchase flood insurance even if you’re not in a high-risk flood zone. In fact, properties in moderate-to-low risk areas account for over 20% of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) claims.

What should I do if my home is flooded?

If your home is flooded, ensure your safety first. Then, contact your insurance company to file a claim. Document the damage with photos and keep receipts for any repairs or temporary living expenses.

What is the difference between building property coverage and personal property coverage?

Building property coverage insures the physical structure of your home and its foundation. Personal property coverage insures your belongings inside the home, such as furniture, clothing, and electronics.

How can I lower my flood insurance premium?

You can lower your premium by raising your home’s elevation, installing flood openings or vents, elevating utilities, and opting for a higher deductible. Also, check for any community rating system (CRS) discounts.

Does flood insurance cover temporary living expenses?

No, standard flood insurance policies do not cover temporary living expenses if you need to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired. You may need additional coverage for this.

How do I know if I need flood insurance?

You need flood insurance if your property is in a high-risk flood zone, but it is recommended for all homeowners due to the potential for unexpected flooding. Use FEMA’s Flood Map Service Center to determine your risk level.

Protect Your Future Today

Get the best coverage from PRK Insurance Agency Inc.